• Help Support TNDeer:

Not hardly ready yet.

tn24

I had total knee replacement on my right knee August 27th. I've done well with it and went back to work in three weeks. Today I went to put safety ropes on 2 ladder stands and to check my camera and do a little scouting. I'm sitting here with ice on my knee because it is sore. I believe going up and down and standing on the ladder is what has got it sore. Maybe I'll be ready to climb and sit for 4 or 5 hours by the time muzzleloader season opens. I don't like getting old.

I had total knee replacement on my right knee August 27th. I've done well with it and went back to work in three weeks. Today I went to put safety ropes on 2 ladder stands and to check my camera and do a little scouting. I'm sitting here with ice on my knee because it is sore. I believe going up and down and standing on the ladder is what has got it sore. Maybe I'll be ready to climb and sit for 4 or 5 hours by the time muzzleloader season opens. I don't like getting old.
You are miles ahead of me I am 6 weeks out Tuesday the 22nd. Still losing a lot of sleep, icing multiple times a day, and really tender after walks, after PT. Drove 2 1/2 hours to Cookeville Thursday and paid for all night, drove to Clarksville today and back to Cookeville sitting now with the ice machine pumping 38 degree water around it. Made 112 degrees last week at the PT place and keep up the plan daily. I'm happy for you with great success, no way I'm climbing a ladder stand with this leg for a few more weeks.
image.webp

You are miles ahead of me I am 6 weeks out Tuesday the 22nd. Still losing a lot of sleep, icing multiple times a day, and really tender after walks, after PT. Drove 2 1/2 hours to Cookeville Thursday and paid for all night, drove to Clarksville today and back to Cookeville sitting now with the ice machine pumping 38 degree water around it. Made 112 degrees last week at the PT place and keep up the plan daily. I'm happy for you with great success, no way I'm climbing a ladder stand with this leg for a few more weeks.
View attachment 248053
Hey man I've been meaning to check on you. Sounds like you are getting better. I was blessed to do as well as I have. I think one thing in my favor was I'm not bad to swell. I was just grousing about my problems. Keep at it. It does get better.

One of my BILs just finished up double knee replacement. He said the same thing as you: the big problem is climbing ladders. Luckily, we have two shooting houses with actual stairs going up to them, but he may struggle to get into our condo stands that just have a wooden ladder.

Latest posts

Back