• Help Support TNDeer:

Not My Smartest Move, But...

Trapper John

Going fishing the weekend after Memorial Day weekend, that is. Boat traffic was beyond annoying. Idiots out in full force. I practically had to make myself go knowing what the lake would be like, but after spending so much on boat maintenance and repairs I wasn't about to sit at the house on a sunny day.

I had intended on catching some bluegill, but as I was trolling around a point trying to get to a flat where bluegill have been on bed in the past I started getting some interesting hits on the fish finder. Dropped down a jig and the madness started. The schools were on the move, but they were plentiful. I'd get two or three then it would stop. I'd troll 20 yards or so and there they'd be again. Dad and I did this for three hours or so. Nothing huge. Biggest about 12 or so inches, but they were there. Sorry for the lack of pictures. At the end of the day I was just trying to get out of there without being run over and we had to rush to get to some ice. They weren't lasting long in the live well in those temps.

Latest posts

Back