• Help Support TNDeer:

NR license question

bigluresonly

Reading through Richards thread about TN non resident licenses got me thinking about when I was fishing in Alabama earlier this Summer. Me and my Dad were at Wally World in Alabama getting our salt water licenses. We were both non resident, me from TN and him from FL. They don't offer a one day or even a 3 day, all we could get was a one week. I thought it was funny that mine was cheaper than his, I think it was about $3 less being from TN than being from FL. Anyone know why this is? My Dads theory was that FL doesn't get along with anyone and has no reciprocal agreement. I just thought it was odd.

Sounds like a mistake by whoever rang them up to me.
Can't see a state charging different prices for the same license.

They charge different state non resident fees based upon what those states charge people from AL. Louisiana and Florida were different from what they charge other states residents.

woodyard":2b7ismf5 said:
They charge different state non resident fees based upon what those states charge people from AL. Louisiana and Florida were different from what they charge other states residents.

Well I be, never knew that.

All I know is I am fixin to buy me a NR Arkansas license !!!!!!!! :)

rsimms":1tow53x0 said:
Yep, some states have "Reciprocal Agreements," agreeing to charge non-residents an equivalent amount in either state. To my knowledge, Tennessee has no reciprocal agreements with anyone.

Pretty sure NC does. Only reason I say that is because the first 3-4 years I lived n TN, I was getting my NC NR sportsman for around $160. Then the next year I went to purchase, it had jumped to $260. I called and they told me they had implemented a reciprocal agreement with TN and since TN's licenses are as high as they are, they adjusted accordingly.

Bought my NC NR lifetime the next year.........

Latest posts

Back