• Help Support TNDeer:

October lull?

Don't believe it.
Mid October, last year and year before last saw lots of nice bucks chasing. Both in person and on camera.
This weekend or next may be the time.
Good luck to all.
Last year my target buck daylighted 3 times the last week of October chasing does…I was behind him then. Hopefully that changes very soon!

First buck I killed in TN after moving here was on October 15th. I kept hearing what sounded like a pig snorting & rooting but it was covering too much ground. Next thing I know a group of does came trotting by and the one in the back kept stopping to turn & look behind her. I got my bow ready to draw & glad I did because here he came with nose to the ground snorting every step of the way.

Don't believe it.
Mid October, last year and year before last saw lots of nice bucks chasing. Both in person and on camera.
This weekend or next may be the time.
Good luck to all.
I think the "October Lull" occurs during warm October days. That's just my opinion. You get cool temperatures during the day in October, the bucks will be on their feet.

Deer on acorns and people not on the right feed tree can make it seem like a lull. I don't necessarily believe in it. But I do think it takes some weather to get mature deer on their feet in daylight in October (for the most part) always exceptions when talking about wild animals. I think the lull is more or less we don't seem to get a lot of fronts in October no changes in weather is not good to see a lot of deer generally. I've not ever seen much chasing at all in middle of October but I don't hunt much at all in the beginning or middle of October so I wouldn't see much of it.

Back