• Help Support TNDeer:

Offshore fishing trip

cbhunter

Had a blast today on my first ever offshore fishing trip. We was in the boat with 39 other fishermen but had our limit of 78 red snapper in about 1.5 hrs fishing time.
3ccb7957cfaa47837b4a0cffc63abf77.jpg
1f410da5268d10b33b4f8c74c646c046.jpg
ce69f6a838f9ebc0d04d9a9ab5acf8d6.jpg
c528b80ed2497e413bde0256af1d1205.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats awesome! Anyone get sea sick? Everytime i've been on a charter boat I get sick as a dog. Tried everything and still get sick. I love fishing, just can't deal with the motion if the ocean:)

Congrats on a fun time. Those sail cats (your first surf pic) are OK eating, but not as good in my opinion as the freshwater variety. There's another saltwater catfish called a hardhead...they look like a channel cat, basically. Those are not worth messing with. The meat is grey and not very good at all.

The second fish is a whiting. If they are big enough, they are very tasty.

I've really enjoyed learning saltwater fishing stuff over the past few years of going down to the Gulf. It's a new challenge, and it's really not that expensive to get a few pieces of gear to make yourself more productive.

Crosshairy":2sruzq7a said:
Congrats on a fun time. Those sail cats (your first surf pic) are OK eating, but not as good in my opinion as the freshwater variety. There's another saltwater catfish called a hardhead...they look like a channel cat, basically. Those are not worth messing with. The meat is grey and not very good at all.

The second fish is a whiting. If they are big enough, they are very tasty.

I've really enjoyed learning saltwater fishing stuff over the past few years of going down to the Gulf. It's a new challenge, and it's really not that expensive to get a few pieces of gear to make yourself more productive.
Thanks for the knowledge. I knew I had some kind of cat, but wasn't sure the correct name of it. Had no earthly ide on the whiting. Had a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back