Old bob the game dog

timberjack86

Sorry guys i gotta brag on my dog. Old Bob has treed no telling how many squirrels, coons and possums now. Him and my other dog streched out a bobcat and He's treed a bear by himself and helped bay a hog. Is there anything these kemmer curs can't do? This is him on a squirrel in the yard the other day.

Attachments

• 20240603_183145.mp4
    21.6 MB

bigjohn

2-Step Enabled
I had one that was the same way. At 2 years old he got some liver disease and died. When you went out day or nigh I knew we would get something. Never messed with a deer but that's the only thing he wouldn't.

mike243

Dogs have always play a large roll in keeping family's fed and safe, back in the old days there wasn't grocery stores, you raised it or caught/killed it or starved. Hard to sneak up on folks with a couple good dogs guarding the homestead. Hound dogs are workers that want to please. Love watching them work.

CATCHDAWG

Nothing beats a good cur dog! I've hunted behind mtn curs but never owned any. YEARS ago I started out with Catahoulas, good gamey dogs but a little to rowdy with other dogs (and people). Swapped over to Blackmouths and never looked back! Rough rough dogs! They aren't in it the for the chase but for the catch! They'd bay a larger hog until I got there and gave the catch command but I would lose a lot of smaller pigs because they'd just kill'em and move on to the next. Been a long time since I've owned any cur dogs but maybe sometime after retirement I'll get another and probably just a straight tree dog.

timberjack86

Nothing beats a good cur dog! I've hunted behind mtn curs but never owned any. YEARS ago I started out with Catahoulas, good gamey dogs but a little to rowdy with other dogs (and people). Swapped over to Blackmouths and never looked back! Rough rough dogs! They aren't in it the for the chase but for the catch! They'd bay a larger hog until I got there and gave the catch command but I would lose a lot of smaller pigs because they'd just kill'em and move on to the next. Been a long time since I've owned any cur dogs but maybe sometime after retirement I'll get another and probably just a straight tree dog.
I agree buddy, nothing like a good cur. These kemmers are tree minded and will bay and catch! I'm working on this line for me when you turn them loose they strike and don't stop till it's caught or treed!

Latest posts