• Help Support TNDeer:

Old Hickory was insane yesterday

TNReb

I'm not sure if they had some "Wake Fest" type gathering or what.. but yesterday evening was nuts.

I decided to take my wife fishing since the kids were at my parents house. We put in at Davis Corner at 5:30. Before I even got out to the channel, I counted over 50 boats. I'm not talking about boats that were tied up and partying - I'm talking about individual boats that were moving and pulling people. It was absolutely insane. It was the roughest I've ever seen it. We got out of there and headed up river around the steam plant and it got a little bit better.

I heard that a bass boat sunk out there because of the wakeboard boats. I have no idea if that's true - but it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I'm patiently waiting for colder water.

It can turn bad quick. I took my 17 foot stratos to Lake Hamilton last year around Memorial day. If it hadn't been tied to the dock it would have been on the bottom. 3 foot waves crashing over the back every few seconds and a bilge that couldn't keep up.

You need to fish at night during the warm months. Only thing you have to contend with is the skeeters.

Weekends on the lakes are bad, that's why I like Normandy, no marina on the lake, much fewer pleasure boaters. The busy waters are always better at night during the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rolltide22":1kymelcw said:
You need to fish at night during the warm months. Only thing you have to contend with is the skeeters.
and 500,000 caddis flies or whatever they are. Still better than any number of jet skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back