• Help Support TNDeer:

Opinions on crankbait rods?

jakeway

I decided I want to get a rod dedicated for Crankbaits. I cast my son's Duckett Ghost rod a few times in his pond and it felt great, but I've heard a few reports of troubles with those tiny eye guides.

Anyone have an opinion thy'd like to share on the Ghost or other rods that are good for crank baits? I'd like to keep it at or below $100.

I am not a Duckett rod fan.

What size crank bait are you talking about? I throw them on several different rods according to size/depth range. For deep cranks I use a Dixie Custom Rods cranking stick. It's a little more than you are wanting to spend but has a lifetime warranty and made in East TN. He has a website and somewhat of a cult following in my area. It's the only one I have from him but I really like it. Most of my other rods are Abu Garcia Veritas rods. Usually a 7' Medium for smaller cranks. A 7 to 7'3 MH for lipless. They make a 7'6 cranking stick in the Veritas too. It's a decent rod but I like the 7'10-8'0 rods for deep cranking.

All my rods are Dixie Rods. His new crankin rod is amazing ( Ledge Rocket ) it's perfect for the bigger plugs. 3/4oz or lighter the glass rod is the deal

I am looking for a new flipping stick and looked at a Ghost at Academy. Those eyes look like cheap junk to me and they're made in China. I'll keep looking. As far as cranking I also have a Lew's David Fritts cranking stick I love.

If you happen to be interested in one of these:

http://m.basspro.com/G-Loomis-E6X-Casti ... extensions

... PM me. I have on that I've only fished with about a half dozen times. It's the 7' Medium Crankbait model. I'd be willing to sell it for a price that may be fair to both of us. I simply don't use it and was thinking of listing it in the classifieds here a few days ago.

Latest posts

Back