• Help Support TNDeer:

Orange beach?

easy45

Somebody was telling me they could tell me where to fish there, I'm going in July and plan on doing some fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are likely some more folks on here, but I know Stik and Diehard Hunter have it pretty dialed in down there. Shoot them a pm about what you are wanting to do and I bet you get some help.

I'm not on their level, but would be glad to help as well.

we always just fish on the state park pier.

big spanish mack
IMG_0658.jpg

bull red:
IMG_0657.jpg

king mack:
60fe8fae.jpg

jack:
IMG_0339.jpg

more kings(that's what we're after):
fd781075.jpg

IMG_0353.jpg

jeff's may be a spanish in this one. can't remember:
IMG_0343.jpg

2012 was a very good year.

great folks and a wealth of information on this forum:
http://www.gulfshorespierfishing.com/forum.php

I'll be back on the state park pier July 18-25 during family vacation. Pier fishing is (in my opinion) a pretty easy craft to learn compared to other types. You may have to invest in a larger spinning reel and a 7-8' rod, if you don't already have one.

I've been out on the Fish Trap before as well, and had fun. It's hard to beat saving 500+ bucks and doing it yourself, but of course expectations can go either way.

Do some searches on this forum from last year about surf / pier fishing, or search for the "gulf shores pier fishing" forum and read old posts from there. In general, folks ask the same questions year after year, so the library of old posts with the search feature can be very helpful.

Good luck! I spend a little money each year adding an extra piece of gear to my arsenal - it can be a real hoot, and you stand a good chance of catching a tasty dinner or two (or five).

Crosshairy":kdukvhpx said:
I'll be back on the state park pier July 18-25 during family vacation.

you will be arriving the day we are leaving. i hate we can't meet and spend some time on the rail.

go to J&M's tackle for all your fishing needs. knowledgeable folks more than willing to help. just tell them what you want to do and they'll set you up. and John's wife is from Turtletown, Tn

We will be there July 18-23, Gonna just miss you Stik but I'll have to catch up with you crosshairy and you can show me the ropes, all I own is bait casters with a couple of smaller spinner rigs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back