• Help Support TNDeer:

Ott Defoe

Blue5

The other thread about Jordan Lee got me thinking about Ott.
Does anyone think he will move back to the Elite series.
Is anyone on here friends with him?
His shallow water jet boat videos are the best!

The other thread about Jordan Lee got me thinking about Ott.
Does anyone think he will move back to the Elite series.
Is anyone on here friends with him?
His shallow water jet boat videos are the best!
Ott would have to requalify through the Bassmaster opens and doesn't have any AOY or Classic titles like Jo Lee to get the legend's exemption. He has done well at MLF and probably top 5 career points standing so don't see him leaving.

I do, however, think he probably has some issues with how the MLF rules have been enforced in the past. Heard a podcast back earlier about him and Swindle standing up in a meeting against something and one of the reasons that Swindle left. Ott seems to be a great guy and one of my favorites.

Ott would have to requalify through the Bassmaster opens and doesn't have any AOY or Classic titles like Jo Lee to get the legend's exemption. He has done well at MLF and probably top 5 career points standing so don't see him leaving.

I do, however, think he probably has some issues with how the MLF rules have been enforced in the past. Heard a podcast back earlier about him and Swindle standing up in a meeting against something and one of the reasons that Swindle left. Ott seems to be a great guy and one of my favorites.
Ott won the bassmaster classic in 2019 didnt he?

Ott won the bassmaster classic in 2019 didnt he?
Yep, not sure how I forget that. Oops…….

So he would get one point towards legends exemption but not sure how many can get in on that. Larry Nixon retired giving a legend exemption which Jo Lee took. Cliff Pace who also has a Classic win is not fishing MLF this year but think he's going to have to requalify through the Opens according to his FB video.

I still don't see Ott leaving MLF anytime soon but think the next few years will be interesting as MLF is reducing from 80 to 50 in 2025.

One of my best friends has known Ott for years. He has told me that the Ott you see on TV is the real Ott. Just a super nice gentleman. They have fished against each other in some of the ETN tournaments for years, with each winning some.
From everything that I've heard and seen from him, he is a down to earth Christian man that spends a lot of time with his family. Which is why it makes him my favorite to root for and being from TN.

From everything that I've heard and seen from him, he is a down to earth Christian man that spends a lot of time with his family. Which is why it makes him my favorite to root for and being from TN.
Same for me. I like watching him fish local tournaments with his son more than MLF events.

I sure do like what I see on the tv/online about him and his wife. I've never really followed him as far as competitive fishing goes. I stumbled across him looking up jet boat videos on Utube.

He'll ride the MFL ship until it finally completely sinks. He's not going to give up the money to try and qualify through the Opens right now. He has one Legend exemption point so there's always a chance he could use that if a Legends spot opened up.

I'm sure 1 Legend spot will open up after this next season so it will be interesting to see who claims it.

Latest posts

Back