• Help Support TNDeer:

Ouch

catman529

Sight casted a trick worm to a big ole largemouth in a quarry pond. He took it and ate the whole worm. I reared back but the hook came right out of the worm and flying out of the water. Then I noticed it also broke the tip of my Falcon rod. Knew there was a reason I like ugly stiks. I'm gonna take the falcon back to academy and see if they will exchange it. If not I guess I'll be getting in touch with falcon. I don't spend $100 on a rod for it to break...I hate graphite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will make it right. Hope you got the receipt

Sent from my
Sit drag, Ernie's outdoors linesman belt,
At 20' up

Never owned a falcon but ugly stick used to be lifetime warranty but now I think it's a couple year warranty ,
not sure if markings on rod determine age or not!

Spurhunter":2tvvfx5k said:
Falcon customer service is fantastic. They will fix you up. The cost of a rod doesn't make it unbreakable. I wouldn't trade a Falcon for 10 ugly stiks.
ugly stiks have never let me down. They take abuse and keep catching fish. They don't have the sensitivity or the light weight of a falcon, but I think you get more use for your money with an ugly stik than with a higher priced graphite rod.

I also fish with ugly sticks. I've had mine for years they are very tough rod's. I shop at academy also and they should do you right.

Wow. Their customer service (Falcon) is pretty good
So I bet they will take it back.

It's been proven through history that women's a mystery! Popeye

I am betting that Academy will make it right.

I've returned a couple of reels and a pair of waders to Academy for various problems. Each time they've allowed me to pick out a replacement, no questions asked.

In the case of the waders, they no longer had the exact same type I'd purchased. They let me take a pair that cost about $25 more, without even charging me the difference.

rsimms":2q441zwg said:
I am betting that Academy will make it right.

I've returned a couple of reels and a pair of waders to Academy for various problems. Each time they've allowed me to pick out a replacement, no questions asked.

In the case of the waders, they no longer had the exact same type I'd purchased. They let me take a pair that cost about $25 more, without even charging me the difference.
yea I have a friend who has exchanged a couple rods that broke and said the same thing, they just let him exchange no questions

Well academy took care of it. Didn't have receipt so he asked me to swipe the card I used to pay for the original. Didn't charge the card just needed to verify I guess. I still ended up spending money though. Always need something lol

catman529":dt2vzmu9 said:
Well academy took care of it. Didn't have receipt so he asked me to swipe the card I used to pay for the original. Didn't charge the card just needed to verify I guess. I still ended up spending money though. Always need something lol

Glad Academy took care of it. Had they not, Falcon would have. Academy has become my favorite outdoor store.

Spurhunter":2p9zzz1o said:
catman529":2p9zzz1o said:

Glad Academy took care of it. Had they not, Falcon would have. Academy has become my favorite outdoor store.
been my favorite as long as I've been fishing I think. I still use an old beat up ugly stik that my granddad bought me from academy when I was about 12 or so. Gone through several reels and even lost in the surf one time and in the river another but still got it back. Now I hope this new falcon will last just as long if I take good care of it

I bought a Duckett crankbait rod from Academy a while ago and over the last month, have had two different eyes pop off in the middle of the rod. I understand the tip but these two are right in the middle, never seen it before. I own 3 of them and its just a faulty build. Took it back to academy without receipt and exchanged it for a new one no problem. They work kinda like walmart, no receipt and they will scan the product and offer you the lowest price it sold for in the last 2 months as store credit. Mine scanned for the exact price it sold for, $120. I bought a triad for $129 and just paid the difference. They have been very easy to deal with. Took a crappie rod back this spring that broke and they didnt have anymore so they just gave me a gift card.

TRIGGER":2at4gmc3 said:
I had a buddy accidentally kick a $700 rod and reel setup in the water once to never be seen again. :bash:
I was fishing a tournament at Tunica Cutoff some years back and my partner kicked a $300 G Loomis rod with a $200 Shimano reel off the front deck. We marked it on GPS, made a big treble hook and came back a week later and dredged it up. He was happy.

Spurhunter":2ih1r0o2 said:
TRIGGER":2ih1r0o2 said:
I had a buddy accidentally kick a $700 rod and reel setup in the water once to never be seen again. :bash:
I was fishing a tournament at Tunica Cutoff some years back and my partner kicked a $300 G Loomis rod with a $200 Shimano reel off the front deck. We marked it on GPS, made a big treble hook and came back a week later and dredged it up. He was happy.

Mine was a G-loomis as well with a Diawa zillion reel. :bash: we were fishing the river in Clarksville. We had fished to a barge tied up but couldn't get under the cables so I was trolling around the barge. The water was 30' deep and the current was flowing strongly. I tied my biggest treble hook on and tried to get it back even though I knew there was no chance.

Spurhunter":zqjzrvu5 said:
TRIGGER":zqjzrvu5 said:
Always keep a big treble on the boat, you may need it some day :lol: Thanks to some smaller trebles in my tackle box I saved my favorite rod from the ocean a few years ago. It wasn't even worth anything, just sentimental value.

Latest posts

Back