• Help Support TNDeer:

Passed on him.. How old?

Kevin

Passed on this guy Tuesday evening. He is # 4 or 5 on my list. I would really like the kids or my wife to get a shot at him. He's been pretty regular.

Attachments

• 1729177004672.webp
    1729177004672.webp
    403.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4721.mov
    12.5 MB
Last edited:
I would guess 3 as well, but good lord man how high are you in that tree😂
Probably only about 25 foot. I started one sticking this year. When I reach up as high as I can reach its just over 8 foot. So my platform is almost 9 foot on my first climb up. I usually only do 1 more move which puts me about 16 or 18, but i did an extra move on that hunt, so I was probably at least 25. Maybe 26 27.

Never felt as comfortable in a lock on or a climber as I do in a saddle.

Probably only about 25 foot. I started one sticking this year. When I reach up as high as I can reach its just over 8 foot. So my platform is almost 9 foot on my first climb up. I usually only do 1 more move which puts me about 16 or 18, but i did an extra move on that hunt, so I was probably at least 25. Maybe 26 27.

Me too, ive been staying about 18 -20 i love this saddle stuff

How far up above your head do you cinch your tether to the tree? I usually put mine around top of my head height but I saw a guy on youtube the other day putting his about 3 or 4 ft above his head and said that is was a lot more comfortable especially if you are a sitter with knees in the tree.

I usually have mine about eyeball height. The higher up I put it, the more pressure it seems to put on the bottom of the saddle. Im more of a leaner than a sitter.

The biggest thing for long term comfort for me is finding a tree that leans slightly away from you. If its leaning toward you, your whole day is gonna be hanging away from the tree. I do a fair amount of just standing on the platform, and thats impossible if the tree is leaning toward you.
How far up above your head do you cinch your tether to the tree? I usually put mine around top of my head height but I saw a guy on youtube the other day putting his about 3 or 4 ft above his head and said that is was a lot more comfortable especially if you are a sitter with knees in the tree.

Latest posts

Back