• Help Support TNDeer:

People...uggh

Crow Terminator

I usually go up to either Tellico or Citico trout fishing through the week. I work midnight shift and work all night, then head up to the rivers after work for a few hrs of fishing. My cutoff time is usually 11 to 11:30 whether I have my limit or not, because it's an hour drive home and if I have fish, I gotta clean those too. Anyway, I went to Citico Tuesday morning and found the water to be much higher and rougher than I had anticipated. I was having to use 1 oz in sinkers just to partially feel bottom and many of my holes were simply unfishable. Long story short, I caught 2 trout...one nice one on my 2nd cast and a short one that I threw back. I put the good one in my cooler...but them time got away from me and it was 11:30 and time to leave. On my way out, I passed another angler on the road rigging up. I stopped and said hello, asked if he was doing any good, etc. He had 2 fish he said. I asked if he would like 1 more, as I had to leave and 1 fish wasn't worth fooling with. This guy instantly goes ballistic on me for offering him a fish! Saying I shouldn't even fish if I didn't want to keep my fish, etc. I said look man, I come up every week and usually have my limit by 10ish, and today it just didn't happen and I ran out of time. I didn't mean you no offense...I just hate to bring one fish home and thought I'd offer it to someone. That set him off more. I don't know what I did to tick him off. But I guarantee I wont offer any more fish to anybody else. I left him standing in the road still ranting. All he had to say was "no thanks, I prefer to catch my own" or something similar.

Crow Terminator":wxo956v6 said:
I usually go up to either Tellico or Citico trout fishing through the week. I work midnight shift and work all night, then head up to the rivers after work for a few hrs of fishing. My cutoff time is usually 11 to 11:30 whether I have my limit or not, because it's an hour drive home and if I have fish, I gotta clean those too. Anyway, I went to Citico Tuesday morning and found the water to be much higher and rougher than I had anticipated. I was having to use 1 oz in sinkers just to partially feel bottom and many of my holes were simply unfishable. Long story short, I caught 2 trout...one nice one on my 2nd cast and a short one that I threw back. I put the good one in my cooler...but them time got away from me and it was 11:30 and time to leave. On my way out, I passed another angler on the road rigging up. I stopped and said hello, asked if he was doing any good, etc. He had 2 fish he said. I asked if he would like 1 more, as I had to leave and 1 fish wasn't worth fooling with. This guy instantly goes ballistic on me for offering him a fish! Saying I shouldn't even fish if I didn't want to keep my fish, etc. I said look man, I come up every week and usually have my limit by 10ish, and today it just didn't happen and I ran out of time. I didn't mean you no offense...I just hate to bring one fish home and thought I'd offer it to someone. That set him off more. I don't know what I did to tick him off. But I guarantee I wont offer any more fish to anybody else. I left him standing in the road still ranting. All he had to say was "no thanks, I prefer to catch my own" or something similar.
Dang. Some folks are downright onery.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Crow , he probaly knew you were a Tide Fan!

LOL

I'm surprised he didn't ask you , if it was cleaned!

Someone may have urinenated in his cornflakes that morning, if I lived closer you could drop off all the fresh trout you wanted. I would never complain ! Cleaned or not... lol

Haha I wear fedora hats 90% of the time when I'm not at work...my fishing ones are brown and then I have a Bear Bryant edition in houndstooth to show my Bama flair. Hard to miss me as a Bama fan....licenses plate holder is Crimson Tide and I have a sticker or two on the truck itself. I know I was wearing a camo Bama shirt yesterday...maybe that's what did set him off. :)

------------

May venture to the Hiwassee some just for a change of scenery. I can be there faster than I can Tellico/Citico. More and more people are starting to make their way into the mtns now that Indian Boundary is open and the weather is nice. More people will be camping and staying up there through the week. That's the only reason I go during the week is the escape the crowds. I don't like people :) Hiwassee may be the same way for all I know...that one is unknown to me as I've not fished it but once for trout.

Lol I'm surprised, I thought it was gonna be the stereotypical catch and release guy. Most people who catch fish to eat would gladly take one from you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back