• Help Support TNDeer:

Percy Priest Fishing during Duck Season

tnbucs1

Anyone fish on the weekends this time of year? I would like to go but was curious if all the hollows are loaded w/ duck hunters.

Fish it a lot. Not a lot of ducks use the lake therefore not too many hunters. If you see more than 2 dozen ducks together near the bank it is much higher probably to be decoys than actual ducks.

I fish it plenty this time of year until it gets brutally cold. You will see and hear duck hunters but just try to be courteous. It's open to fishing just as much as it's open to hunting. I small game hunt a lot so this time of year I stay out of the woods at sunrise and sunset to let the deer hunters have it and that way I'm not ruining their deer hunt trying to kick up and shoot at rabbits and squirrels.

I've never actually duck hunted except for floating my kayak down a river for the early wood/teal season in September, that was a fail. If I had time to scout ahead of time and see where they're flying and roosting, I'd get my kayak out there at 4am, paddle to an island and hide it deep in the woods and wait for first light. I'm actually still considering it.

Latest posts

Back