• Help Support TNDeer:

Personal Best blue cat!!

Crow Terminator

2019 is the year I started cat fishing. I have a lot to learn but have put in a lot of time on the bank trying to catch these rascals. Recently, I have started catching some decent size blues...well decent for me. Today, my wife wanted to go ride around and we found ourselves up in the mountains. I said to myself "hmmm....I wonder if there are any cats in there" so on the way up, I stopped at a local grocery store and got some chicken breast. Within 10 minutes, we had our first blue...just over 10 lbs. Then, only dink bites for the next hour. Hmm. 30 mins or so before dark, my baitcasting reel clicker goes nuts and did not stop...I have only had it do that one other time and it was on a striper. Anyway, I pick the rod up and engaged the spool and was immediately hooked up. That's when I knew I had a different class fish on the line...when it pulled my 250 lbs a few steps towards it and nearly made me lose my balance. Some 15 minutes later, I was landing my personal best catfish. This fish was really dark colored...almost black looking. I had just got a new set of digital scales at Christmas just for catfish (Whisker Seekers) and got to try them out....61.38 lbs!

I was tickled to death. Wanted to stay after dark but was NOT dressed for staying after dark and it got cold after dark despite trying to stick it out for a little while. Ended up landing 5 blues and had one more that took off hard but I missed it.

VideoCapture_20191230-200858 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

VideoCapture_20191230-200742 by Daniel Teague, on Flickr

Thanks guys! We have a dry erase board on our fridge that we write inspiration notes and goals on. Just a few days prior I had wrote one for 2020..."catch a 50+ pound catfish".

Took my niece and nephew up there the next day to try and put them on some fish and we skunked out. Only had a few bites and one did run with the clicker but dropped it as soon as I picked the rod up. We stuck it out several hours after dark this go around.

Congratulations great fish! They must be concentrated cause of the draw down, never would have thought there was cats in their that big. Wonder how many unexpected campers lost their rods to that guy?[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back