• Help Support TNDeer:

Personal best flathead

Tenntrapper

This wasn't what I was after, but I'll take it. No scale, and was alone, so best pic I could do. He was 35+" long. Flopped off both sides of my cooler and it is 31". Tail wasn't on cooler at all. Caught on 8lb line. Needless to say, we went where HE wanted to for first 15 mins. My personal best...

Attachments

• IMG_20200714_103407__01.jpg
    IMG_20200714_103407__01.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 842
gasman":2vxsa0if said:
35" long, did you happen to get the girth measurement?

nice fish

No sir, I didn't. 35 is only a guess, as my cooler is 31" long. All of its tail, and a little bit of body was hanging over the end. It was a long fight on 8 lb line. It was pretty worn out. I wanted to get it back into the water...soon. If it helps, those hemos are 6.5" long.

RUGER":3vk1lil6 said:
I bet that was FUN !

Yes, it was FUN!!!

I thought I was hung up at first. Started turning the boat around to get on other side of "snag", and it started moving. All I could do was keep tension on the line and follow him with trolling motor. He never took off fast, but whenever he decided to go, there was nothing more I could do. It was over 15 minutes before I ever seen it...and it decided it would rather be on bottom again....so it went. I had to just let it tire itself out.

Hadn't fought one like that since I left Florida..30 years ago.

Latest posts

Back