• Help Support TNDeer:

Picked up the new ride yesterday

SilverFox

G3 Sportsman 19. Hoping i can get a few hours of break in on the motor this weekend. Went with the F150LB motor instead of the SHO 150. From what I could find these motors are pretty reliable... and they cost less.

Congrats! That looks like a very nice.

I don't know anything about boats. What is the tall black thing to the left of the motor in the rear view pic?

It is a power pole anchor. Be easier for you to Google them or youtube it than for me to try and tell you how it works since this is the first I've owned. They are supposed to stop your boat in 8 foot or less water and somewhat hold it in place. You'll see a lot of boats with 2 on the boat... one each side of the motor. I thought about buying 2 but they are proud of them and I don't know enough about them to justify it yet.

SilverFox":1o9acurl said:
It is a power pole anchor. Be easier for you to Google them or youtube it than for me to try and tell you how it works since this is the first I've owned. They are supposed to stop your boat in 8 foot or less water and somewhat hold it in place. You'll see a lot of boats with 2 on the boat... one each side of the motor. I thought about buying 2 but they are proud of them and I don't know enough about them to justify it yet.

They work, without a doubt.

Just some friendly FYI, if you are in the front of a big ole Phoenix bass boat and just as you bend over to pick up your fishing pole and your buddy drops the powerpoles and they hit the ground about the same time as you get fully into your bend, and the boat is still moving very much at all, you will do one of two things.
You will either hit the deck or go swimming.
Just sayin' :)

RUGER":3a2i1x03 said:
SilverFox":3a2i1x03 said:

They work, without a doubt.

Just some friendly FYI, if you are in the front of a big ole Phoenix bass boat and just as you bend over to pick up your fishing pole and your buddy drops the powerpoles and they hit the ground about the same time as you get fully into your bend, and the boat is still moving very much at all, you will do one of two things.
You will either hit the deck or go swimming.
Just sayin' :)

LOL I noticed yesterday when I checked to see if it would work that they do stop you pretty abruptly.

SilverFox":3ef9x2oi said:
LOL I noticed yesterday when I checked to see if it would work that they do stop you pretty abruptly.

Now imagine being round to begin with, bent over and that happening without you knowing it was fixing to happen. :)

WTM":1u1oix9g said:
geez a 150 on a 19ft aluminum? better hang on lol. i like those G3 boats.

Yeah it's pretty strong out the hole. I think it's needs a 21p prop instead of the 19p. I can turn it way up in rpms after its seems to be hitting top speed. I had 2 guys and 1/2 to 3/4 fuel and another 25 gallons of water in the live well and it'll run up to 50 pretty quick. I'd say with a 21 it would be a 55 mph boat with just me. I didn't have much time or good water to play with it in the river yesterday. Too many curves and I'm trying to do it all from a hand throttle with the trim on it. If you have the motor half trim and hit it from a slow crawl it wants to climb a tree. Kinda scary. LOL

Latest posts

Back