• Help Support TNDeer:

Picked up the new ride yesterday

SilverFox":2z8gxwta said:
WTM":2z8gxwta said:
geez a 150 on a 19ft aluminum? better hang on lol. i like those G3 boats.

Yeah it's pretty strong out the hole. I think it's needs a 21p prop instead of the 19p. I can turn it way up in rpms after its seems to be hitting top speed. I had 2 guys and 1/2 to 3/4 fuel and another 25 gallons of water in the live well and it'll run up to 50 pretty quick. I'd say with a 21 it would be a 55 mph boat with just me. I didn't have much time or good water to play with it in the river yesterday. Too many curves and I'm trying to do it all from a hand throttle with the trim on it. If you have the motor half trim and hit it from a slow crawl it wants to climb a tree. Kinda scary. LOL

lol thats what i was thinking "wheelies" in a boat.

Maybe it was the perfect storm... but when I backed out of it and turned right to get back in the river channel I hammered it and I swear it got air born. I had the trim about half and the boat had settle back down to normal sitting... I don't know if it hit a wake and climbed it but man it jumped out the hole. I haven't tried to take off without the motor tucked before or after that to know what to expect. My Skeeter would come out the hole on half trim and lay right over and be gone. Guess I was spoiled.

Thanks. I'm hoping to have it ready for the crappie spawn... I've been easy on them the last several years but I have a boy now that's about the right age to catch a few and introduce them to #cmj. As soon as we get this holiday season over with I've got to get work doing the graphs and lighting.

SilverFox":3t2t8xjf said:
Thanks. I'm hoping to have it ready for the crappie spawn... I've been easy on them the last several years but I have a boy now that's about the right age to catch a few and introduce them to #cmj. As soon as we get this holiday season over with I've got to get work doing the graphs and lighting.

where abouts you fish in your area?

I've been bass fishing on Watts Bar and Chickamauga since I moved to Oak Ridge earlier this year. Prior to the move I spent most my time on Douglas with some Cherokee thrown in there. Crappie I will probably go back to Douglas. I don't know how I feel about eating them out of Watts Bar. I know a lot of people do but I'm not sure I can. I rode down to the lake this morning and they are catching some crappie now on the Emory side of Watts Bar. The bank was lined up in one creek I stopped by and I saw several stringers of fish. Only 2 boats. I saw some guys catching them on Chick a couple weeks ago. I was told by one of the guys putting in this morning they are holding in 2 foot over 6 foot around wood. He was fishing right where the ash spill was... said he wasn't worried about contamination.

tdec says crappie and panfish are safe to eat on watts bar. i will probably fish it some this spring since my son lives on whites creek. looks like it may hold some shellcrackers too.

Latest posts

Back