• Help Support TNDeer:

Pickwick , below the dam

CritterGitter

Kinda planning on going to the tn river this weekend for a Memphis getaway . I've looked on line non stop and just can't find a reliable resource. Is the river gonna be high and crazy ? I know we've had tons of rain

According to the TVA app, Pickwick is spilling until further notice and running 89k cfs right now. I've never fished down there but spilling is usually not a good time to be below a dam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its 1' below flood stage right now and some of the lower campsites are flooded. COE is supposed to start releasing water this weekend to try to draw it down, but that depends if it holds on the Ohio or the Miss. river or not.

crap just looked at accuweather and they have severe storms in illinois, indiana, and ohio. cincinatti surpassed flood stage already. i bet we will be in trouble here by the weekend.

I generally don't fish the base of the dam in a boat if flow is over about 75,000 or so. Somewhere in there is where the spillways open and current starts getting a little nasty. Other folks may have different standards, but I am fishing from a 14' Jon boat and I'm not looking for trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well darn , I definitely wont be in a boat. There is a gravel bank we consider our "beach" you can drive right up to the waters edge and fish and swim and such. Sounds like that will definitely be not available. Its maybe a mile from the dam

Latest posts

Back