• Help Support TNDeer:

Pot O Gills

WTM

catching the last of the spawn/dry fly action on mid section KY lake before draw down is complete. my son went with me and had a blast, hilarious at times. the solar major was going on and 12-4pm non stop a action. long cast 1/32 black/red popeye hair jigs tipped with gulp waxies(maggot and chartreuse) was excellent then switched over to 1/32 beetle spin tipped with gulp waxie was excellent as the bite got more aggressive. kept 30 and released any over 9".

tried to get into some white/yellow bass at the creek mouths but too many aholes with pontoons joy riding. who in their right mind puts a motor on a pontoon to go 40mph and doesnt know how to trim it up? my son said these pontoons are going as fast as us, lol. saw a couple of aholes cussing each other at Eva ramp. undoubtedly one redneck bass angler thought it was ok to run wide open in 6ft of water at the ramp while someone was putting in. this is why i dont fish weekends.

most of the creek mouth drops and ledges had descent bait balls and what appeared to be bass under them at around 18ft. checked a few on the east and west side up to dry creek. came back by the last 2 at about 6:30 and they had moved on, probably shallow. seems like some bass were shallow at mid day and probably feeding on bluegill/fry. my son said he wanted to catch a big bass but i told him my old bass rods i had in the boat was rigged for catfish but he could probably catch one on a gravel boat ramp/point that we were about to pass. i told him to line up on it let sink and reel like heck and let it bounce the gravel. first cast, bam good solid 5 lb and measured at 21 inch. it was hilarious watching him try to get it in on an ultralight rod and 4 lb line and 2 lb leader. i told him when he came back in the fall i will have the bass rods spooled up and ready to hit the fall shallow bite on the bars.

this time of year we usually have an algae bloom in some of the bays so pay attention to your colors if you fish them. birdsong is brown and yucky and whole bunch of dead fish floating. we need some rain.

Attachments

• CF60F23E-2B4A-4FE5-A97B-BF4BD2CEA535.jpeg
    CF60F23E-2B4A-4FE5-A97B-BF4BD2CEA535.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 778
  • C42B794D-CEE2-471B-9828-F604FB5840AF.jpeg
    C42B794D-CEE2-471B-9828-F604FB5840AF.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 775
  • D6D8088B-8B6B-48D4-AB41-CE920332A36B.jpeg
    D6D8088B-8B6B-48D4-AB41-CE920332A36B.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 774
Nice ness of fish.

Thanks for the great fishing report , I've got to get back after them.

I'm wanting to go troll some crank baits for some Slabs up around D'ville.

Do you think we'll have anymore flies hatch ?

Nice,sounds like some good quality time with your son

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Smo":jj0qzvgi said:
Nice ness of fish.

Thanks for the great fishing report , I've got to get back after them.

I'm wanting to go troll some crank baits for some Slabs up around D'ville.

Do you think we'll have anymore flies hatch ?

by the amount of husks floating and live mating flies on the willows, id say its peaked but usually a couple of small hatches after the peak.

i did see some sonar returns (stacked crappie) in the creek channel in about 15ft of water but i didnt cast to them. i just dont care to eat hot weather crappie.

Same here , it would be catch and release , fun fishing.

Of course a Slab like the one I lost back in the early Spring would come home!

I got a Friend who mounts fish. LOL

I would love to go but it will be another week or two most likely... I've got too many irons in the fire for an old fat man . LOL

Thanks again for the info.

Latest posts

Back