• Help Support TNDeer:

Presidents Island Deer

Bone Collector

Saw this on FB apparently shot at PI last weekend.

Thought it was worth posting as we all discussed whether we would go for the earlier hunt vs the coveted Dec. hunt.

46c4b398818b1debf718635ccaea3292.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heck of a good buck. The deer live there. We think it takes the rut to get these mature bucks on their feet but not necessarily since there is no human pressure. Congrats to the lucky hunter.

Bone Collector":3kmee0w4 said:

Thought it was worth posting as we all discussed whether we would go for the earlier hunt vs the coveted Dec. hunt.

I know the hunter well that killed that buck. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As far as I know there are no observation forms used on PI. It'd be interesting to know how many deer were seen and how many shots were passed up on deer that didn't have 9 points regardless of how big they were.

I hate to say it but I might be so torn up over seeing something like that buck heading my way that I might miss the shot...buck fever even after 30 plus and numerous good bucks on the ground!

oldmanelrod":251az0cn said:
I hate to say it but I might be so torn up over seeing something like that buck heading my way that I might miss the shot...buck fever even after 30 plus YEARS OF HUNTING and numerous good bucks on the ground!

I

I thought it was 30 hunters drawn for this hunt and 30 for the December making 60 total. Either way 1/30 or 1/60 isn't very good unless you're the 1!

John3":2etcbieh said:
I thought it was 30 hunters drawn for this hunt.......
You are correct, this hunt was for the main island only, and only had a 30 quota.

John3":2etcbieh said:
Either way 1/30....... isn't very good unless you're the 1!
Correct, and this is assuming all 30 showed up and hunted.

There were 30 drawn for PI main island and 30 for Ensley Bottoms for December hunt. So there could potentially be 60 hunters in the woods that weekend.

ZachMarkus":30w9bhsa said:
Bone Collector":30w9bhsa said:

I know the hunter well that killed that buck. Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

^^^This^^^

Back