• Help Support TNDeer:

Presidents Island Deer

Stretch hunted this hunt.
He said he was kinda like, I waited 11 years for THIS?

He never saw a buck off the stand and only saw one deer total and that wasn't until Sunday morning.

Andy S.":igotgj1y said:
PickettSFHunter":igotgj1y said:
1/60? Wow.
Very believable in my opinion, and will likely continue to be the odds, especially if the weather does not cooperate, which will likely be the norm over time.

One of the "pro hunters" on a certain Facebook group tried to debate with me how the October hunt would be better than the rut hunt.
Wonder if he is aware of the 1 out of 60 success rate[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AT Hiker":2b5d1p8m said:
Andy S.":2b5d1p8m said:
PickettSFHunter":2b5d1p8m said:
1/60? Wow.
Very believable in my opinion, and will likely continue to be the odds, especially if the weather does not cooperate, which will likely be the norm over time.

One of the "pro hunters" on a certain Facebook group tried to debate with me how the October hunt would be better than the rut hunt.
Wonder if he is aware of the 1 out of 60 success rate[emoji14]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was actually 1 out of 30, but yeah, not good.

TreyB":3ont33mt said:
Why has this hunt gotten so bad?

Residual effects from:
-major floods reducing deer numbers and changing the habitat/farming practices
-increased human presence on the Island
-not true deer management, just an opportunity to offer hunts on a limited basis to what is potentially some phenomenal opportunities
-over expectations...too much publicity

It is not a "bad" hunt...just expectations are too high today. I doubt there is a single person that would turn down the opportunity to hunt there unencumbered as the Island sits today...that is given their weapon of choice throughout an entire season. The last time I hunted the Dec buck hunt there, I did not return for a number of reasons after the first day, dissatisfaction of the hunt ranking #1. However, given full access to the Island with my weapon of choice under those same conditions would be a no brainer for me...I'd take that offer in heartbeat.

Latest posts

Back