• Help Support TNDeer:

Presidents Island hunt

Presidents Island, Ensley Unit • Eliminate the Ensley Unit Archery deer hunt (quota) – Growing safety concerns – Continuous flooding in recent years – Lowered deer population – Declining hunter satisfaction & success (3-4 deer/ 8 yrs) – 3 day hunt, 30 quota permits

I found this on TWRAs website. I may just put in for a point this year.

Presidents Island, Ensley Unit • Eliminate the Ensley Unit Archery deer hunt (quota) – Growing safety concerns – Continuous flooding in recent years – Lowered deer population – Declining hunter satisfaction & success (3-4 deer/ 8 yrs) – 3 day hunt, 30 quota permits

I found this on TWRAs website. I may just put in for a point this year.
I know one of the game wardens who works that area and they consistently ran into trouble with non hunting people… some of Memphis's finest LOL and TWRA felt un-safe being in that area by themselves. Drug deals, prositutes even… people firing random gun shots from hand guns etc…

Ensley Unit was 900 acres. I am pretty sure Ensley Unit was not an option last year either. At the season setting meeting in May 2020, TWRA recommended deleting the quota hunt due to growing safety concerns, continuous flooding in recent years, lowered deer population and declining hunter satisfaction and success (3-4 deer over 8 years).

EnsleyUnit.JPG

Ensley Unit was 900 acres. I am pretty sure Ensley Unit was not an option last year either. At the season setting meeting in May 2020, TWRA recommended deleting the quota hunt due to growing safety concerns, continuous flooding in recent years, lowered deer population and declining hunter satisfaction and success (3-4 deer over 8 years).

View attachment 76815
Andy
What are the safety concerns? The neighborhood one must drive thru to get there?

As mentioned above, drug deals, prostitution, felons with weapons, and just a lot of risk and recklessness at the dead end portion of Riverport Road, very near where you park to enter Ensley Unit. Not an area I'd care to frequent at all.

Latest posts

Back