• Help Support TNDeer:

push pole

WTM

anybody ever use one or recommend a fairly reasonably priced one? thought about making one but really dont know anything about them, stiffness, etc.

i see some described with an anchor tip, sonis there a bracket that you have to install?

Are you talking about these? They were essential growing up on the Modile Delta for hunting/fishing. I've used them with wooden and bamboo poles, but I think the modern versions have a telescopic aluminum pole.
1651009003173.png

Dunno how long of one you need but the ones we use duck hunting with the "duck foot" on the end are awesome!
They expand to about 10' i think
Drake or banded maybe is the brand ?

For a bargain, look for one of the pool cleaning telescoping aluminum poles. Add a duck foot and you are good to go.
I had a high dollar carbon fiber pole back when I lived in FL but liked the aluminum one better.

This is what I had for my skiffs down south.

Have something like this to help it stowed up the gunwale:

no more than 3ft deep of water filled with stumps and lilly pads. my trolling motor takes a beating through that stuff so i figured i could probably push it fairly easy across.

might try the closet rod. i use a piece of closet rod to wrap around my braided line to pull snags.

i have a pool pole and its already bent from dipping leaves out of the pool. probably not stout enough to use as a push rod.

thanks

Back