• Help Support TNDeer:

quail quota

The reg also says maximum party size of three though, so there's that....
Oh well... if I draw… I don't have a dog and I will find somebody with a dog that would like to go hunt quail and I'm gonna take my whole family.

Everybody else else can stay home… We're gonna go quail hunting and walk in the woods. Everybody else can pound sand. This will be great publicity for TWRA if they decide to prosecute my kids and Wife for going and walking for the experience.

Oh well... if I draw… I don't have a dog and I will find somebody with a dog that would like to go hunt quail and I'm gonna take my whole family.

Everybody else else can stay home… We're gonna go quail hunting and walk in the woods. Everybody else can pound sand. This will be great publicity for TWRA if they decide to prosecute my kids and Wife for going and walking for the experience.
Can't count to 3?

They're obviously not going to arrest your wife and kids when they can just send the whole group home at orientation. 🤦‍♂️

If I was wanting to bring them, I'd simply call the area manager beforehand and ask them if they'd make an exception. If they says "no", they can give you a reason why.

I can remember when there were quail and we kept dogs. On occasion when visiting family (that had farms in Cookeville and near Livingston that were covered up with quail) I was not able to carry a dog. I killed and found a limit (10 was the limit then) without a dog. It can be done, but especially retrieving dead birds, dogs can be priceless. Sure was the quail were still here like they were in the 70's and 80's.

Wow, limit of 3? Times sure are different. I can remember when 10 a day was not even a thought and we never killed a covey down to less than 10 birds.

I found out many years ago that when you get a lot of folks in the woods, some without a dog, they will want to tag along behind your dog. It's OK if they are experienced but the inexperienced ones can end up shooting a dog. I've seen it happen. I think we'll stay home and hunt some pen-raised birds.

I found out many years ago that when you get a lot of folks in the woods, some without a dog, they will want to tag along behind your dog. It's OK if they are experienced but the inexperienced ones can end up shooting a dog. I've seen it happen. I think we'll stay home and hunt some pen-raised birds.
You set your party and will be the only ones hunting that day unless I'm misreading something

Latest posts

Back