• Help Support TNDeer:

Question on a Euro mount

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
I value the opinion of your response. Maybe I am off base.

I had a 17 year relationship with this taxidermist. Some Euro's, some deer head mounts. I shot a couple of deer last year that he Euro'd. The first was a muley buck I killed in Colorado. He charged me $125, I gave him $150 because of the quick turnaround, he did as i had asked of him. I took sick with Covid in November and killed a buck off the front porch in my underwear laying down. Had to get dressed to gut it and had a hell of a time gutting it out with a high fever. I then decided to have this taxidermist Euro it. A decent buck, 6 x 5. Fast forward to last week. I drop in to pick the buck up. Had called him a month ago and texted him a month ago to contact me about picking up the pick. Heard nothing. So I dropped in last week. He said $200 bucks. I looked at the buck and was rather sick. Just shoddy work. My stance is that the $200 is gone but he will never, ever see another piece of work from me or my family. I guess I should bite the bullet and get it done right and spend more money. If AT Hiker was still in TN I would drop in to see him and drop it off in Clarksville. I have had Nathan Wilsons crew in Crossville paint some elk horns for me so maybe that is an option. What do you think about this work?

IMG_1312.webp
IMG_1310 (1).webp
IMG_1308.webp

Personally-I'm not a fan of painting the skulls
I've had a guy do several for me and he painted the skulls-they look fine but I'm just not a fan of it..
The worst is when people dip them in camo—🤮🤮
JMO

Latest posts

Back