• Help Support TNDeer:

Questions regarding towing

I'm pretty sure if the boat is registered in Tennessee you don't have to have a plate. I've pulled boats and jet skis through Georgia many times with no issues.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

no state can legally require you to get a tag if the state you reside in doesnt require it. thats why both NC and GA have exemptions for out of state visitors. BUT, they can pull you over to verify ownership. itd be a good idea to carry the trailer papers with you.

If you are registered in TN carry proof of ownership and a copy of the TCA to show the cop TN doesn't require it. I remember a long time ago when I lived in SD they did not require insurance and my cousin slipped a clutch and ran into a store in doge city IA. The cop almost gave a ticket to him. I finally convinced him to call his sgt and he found out. Otherwise we would have had to make a separate trip to go to court to win.

WTM":23ygt48d said:
no state can legally require you to get a tag if the state you reside in doesnt require it. thats why both NC and GA have exemptions for out of state visitors. BUT, they can pull you over to verify ownership. itd be a good idea to carry the trailer papers with you.
trailer papers? I bought mine on Craigslist 8 years ago. Ain't no papers, just rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

catman529":17ai0wqo said:
WTM":17ai0wqo said:
trailer papers? I bought mine on Craigslist 8 years ago. Ain't no papers, just rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lol, prolly stolen if you bought off of craigslist.

Latest posts

Back