• Help Support TNDeer:

Quota Hunts

I forgot to even do a 2nd draw and I have sportsman license. :(

We got the ole Laurel Hill Thanksgiving weekend hunt just in case we want it....but may go to Fort Knox instead.
I always double check that I put down 2 draws. That's the hunt I wanted too. I'll probably still have a statewide tag anyways. I wish they had the option that if you wanted to drop out someone can get the tag.

I've drug many a deer out of there over the last 40 years. Looking forward to it!
Thats awesome. Been hunting it hard a few years and still figuring it out (grew up river bottom hunting in MS so these hills are different). If you're camping would love to come by and hear some stories (or help skin one!)

Got the 2 gun hunts back to back weeks. They got rid of the 1 muzzloader hunt. And went back to how it was 10 years ago or so. Now the only problem will be. Like it is every year. Do I leave my camper set up from first to second hunt. I debate it every year and never leave it. Be easier to that's for sure always worried it'll get vandalized. November 14-16 / November 21-23

Got the Dec 6-7 Chuck Swan. First quota hunt ever. Any tips would be appreciated.
By 3 am the line will be a mile long, a car will pass everybody and drop 2 guys off at the gate where there pickup is parked, I got there at 1:30 and was 3rd in line, had I known about the truck in front I might have let the air out of the tires 🤣

It seems to me a lot of people got a second hunt this year. Do you think less people are applying?
On the surface, it looks that way. But, a lot of these hunts that people are drawing as a second hunt used to be hunts that would be in the leftover pool. The true test will be when TWRA releases the leftover hunts. They've been getting fewer and fewer every year.

On the surface, it looks that way. But, a lot of these hunts that people are drawing as a second hunt used to be hunts that would be in the leftover pool. The true test will be when TWRA releases the leftover hunts. They've been getting fewer and fewer every year.
I rarely get a second hunt. Maybe every 3 years or so, and usually a second hunt is a last choice, however this year I got 2 and both are really decent. Oak Ridge 11/2-3 Archery and Catoosa 10/24-26 muzzleloader hunt. Neither were far down on my picks.

you boys putting in for P I need to read up on point creep!
You may never draw it and miss great hunting elsewhere.
PI used to be something special...not anymore.

Latest posts

Back