• Help Support TNDeer:

Rained out...what would you do

catman529

I've got the weekend Friday thru Monday reserved at a camp site on Dale hollow. Friday will be nice but thunderstorms all through Saturday and Sunday and rain on Monday too. Plan is to do a lot of bank fishing for carp, so it might be worth setting up a big tarp to sit under and fish even if it rains. Just not sure if it's worth going all the way out there to get rained on all weekend. Aside from the fact that nobody here likes to fish for carp, if you were going on a weekend trip and knew you had a good chance at some decent fishing regardless of weather, would you stay or go anyway? I can't make up my mind yet and I've got a day to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and I've done it before but not 2 straight days of heavy rain. This storm blew up 2 years ago while fighting a fish. Fought it for an hour before the line broke. 30+ pound mirror carp

e519c96521105a5d1d57e51c2aae83c2.jpg

SilverFox":3fj9vx9k said:
The weather man is never right... go fishing
I have to agree. Grab your stuff and go fishing. Take a tarp, a chair and enjoy yourself. Don't to forget your Yeti 110 full of Silver Bullets. :drool:

I'd probably go and just keep a watchful eye on the radar. Make sure everything is tied down and secured. Myself, I wouldn't do it, because I hate it when my camping gear gets wet.

if I could bank fish I would go. now fishing in a boat I'd stay at home

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hoped y'all would have the right attitude. :D

Buzzard Breath":lexq5iqk said:
SilverFox":lexq5iqk said:
I have to agree. Grab your stuff and go fishing. Take a tarp, a chair and enjoy yourself. Don't to forget your Yeti 110 full of Silver Bullets. :drool:
will fill my Coleman 70 full of water, sun drop, maybe some Busch Light, my fishing beer of choice. Silver bullets are pretty good for a water beer.

I was gonna take the boat a couple times to troll for walleye or fish around the rocks or points for smallmouth. However with the weather I might be almost exclusively carp fishing. Which is OK, I've never seen carp like the ones in the holler.

catman529":1tjk2reh said:

Buzzard Breath":1tjk2reh said:
SilverFox":1tjk2reh said:
will fill my Coleman 70 full of water, sun drop, maybe some Busch Light, my fishing beer of choice. Silver bullets are pretty good for a water beer.

I was gonna take the boat a couple times to troll for walleye or fish around the rocks or points for smallmouth. However with the weather I might be almost exclusively carp fishing. Which is OK, I've never seen carp like the ones in the holler.

Haha!!! :tu:
I'm a good influence on you. :)

Mudbone":2bse354c said:
catman529":2bse354c said:

Buzzard Breath":2bse354c said:
SilverFox said:

Haha!!! :tu:
I'm a good influence on you. :)
yep it's good water beer I call it Creek Water cause it's good to drink while fishin the creek

Mudbone":pkojgz5g said:
It's the only beer.
Unless your having a good meal.
yea normally I drink good beer, and not a lot of it cause it's expensive. Haven't bought light beer since last summer. It's good when it gets hot outside.

I've never fished dale hollow for carp but have had success bass fishing in the rain at DHL. Also spent several days in the rain wondering why I went along lol

Big or small, kill em all

Buy you a 2 man chair blind,never used mine for fishing but looks like it would work good,get out and stay safe will be the most important issue,ugly weather over the weekend and don't need any body taking a chance,there will be other days afield and no need to push it IMO .

Back