• Help Support TNDeer:

Rainy Lake

Headhunter

Just got back. My favorite place by far on this planet. The fishing ain't bad either.

Sunrise on the last morning

Sunset on the first day

my dad, he turned 82 recently

The walleye catching (not fishing) on Rainy is unbelievable

The loons, my favorite bird of all, these 2 stayed with us for about an hour the first morning

my brother doing what we do for dad, he does not tie any lures or take any fish off, he is there to catch fish, eat and relax. Both of us were 13 when he first carried us and his first trip was 1970. He has carried to more lakes than you could count in Ontario, but Rainy is one of my favorites.

Last pic, right before packing up to head home.

That's awesome, priceless memories that will last forever. I admire the extra attention to your dad with tieing hooks and taking fish off, it's well deserved. Thanks for sharing.

Good deal man!! My dads still here but those kinda trips won't ever happen again because of his health. I almost cry thinking about the things we used to be able to do together, but Ive learned to just sit with him and enjoy what time we have left together and learn from him.
Awesome pics!! I would spend my last penny to do something like that with my dad if I could.
Glad yall killed the fish! Hope to see more pics from this trip every year!

That is awesome.
I can't even imagine being able to do that with my dad.
I am sure you cherish every moment of it, if not, you better.

Glad to see the pics again this year.

Walleye fishing on Rainy is crazy. We do not try to catch walleye, don't know how, we DO NOT troll, and I would make a $500 bet I could go to Rainy and catch 80-100 per day. Lake is loaded with them. On occasion they get to be a nuisance like pike.

Latest posts

Back