• Help Support TNDeer:

Redneck lobster

NAjoe

Yall ever tried it? Watched lake fork guy fix it on youtube the other day. Seemed a little easier and much cleaner way to cook fish. Was wondering if it tasted as good as he put on.

I saw that. Not sure I could eat it that way haha boiled fish doesnt sound appealing even if its covered in melted butter. That comes from someone that loves oysters, scallops, shrimps and the like.

My boys brought home some good eatin size spots, so we filleted them and tried it. I didn't use as much sugar and added some slap ya mama. It was good. NOT as good as regular, good ol southern fried fish, but good. Way easier to clean up! I will prob add more slap ya mama and some oil to the boil. And some garlic to the butter.

Good way to cook stripers- cut rockfish filets into strips about 1 " x 1 " x 6". Pour a 7 Up or Sprite into saucepan, bring to a boil and add the rockfish. When it floats it's done. Serve with melted butter.

The recipes I've seen for it call for adding a lemon to the water and sugar. The acid in the lemon is suppose to tighten up the texture of the fish.

Back