• Help Support TNDeer:

Reelfoot Bluegill

double browtine

So I have a couple of questions for you guys that fish for Bluegill.
I am trying to plan a trip to take my parents to Reelfoot to go fishing for bluegill. I have only been there once, and it is a beautiful lake. A couple of buddies and I went there about 10 years ago and we fished one day, camped out that night and fished the next day. We went in late May and only caught a few bluegill and a couple of catfish.

When is the best month to go for bluegill?

Would you hire a guide or just rent a boat for the day?

We wouldn't be staying overnight or anything, just leave early and fish for the day and drive home.

With the storm that went through there, what places are going to be open?

I have also heard good things about Blue Bank.

I went with a friend last year with another guide service. The trip was paid for by him but it still irked me how it played out.
TOTAL pos equipment and a guide that didn't know any more about that lake than I did.
Frustrating when I had a $200 set up at home and I was fishing with what amounted to a scooby doo rod & reel.
Trip didn't start off too good when the guide pulled up and the first thing he said after getting out of the truck was,,,, I been trying to call you for three Fing days.....

The main guy had given him my work number instead of my cell.

I would say May would be the best month.
I do know when the water gets hot they are really tough to catch.

Was camped at the state park there and a boat took off from the place next to the park, hit 3 stumps before he went 100y , decided I wouldn't bother taking my pontoon there and ruin some props lol

Latest posts

Back