• Help Support TNDeer:

Reelfoot tomorrow

BIL was out there last weekend. First time he's ever been & they ended up with 50ish good bluegill in the cooler over 2 days. Caught some more dunks and a few bonus fish here and there. Seemed it was pretty good considering they had never seen the place.
On a selfish side note I was supposed to go out too but I had to back out. I hated it I've never been on it either.
Good luck!

I haven't fished there that much but today was horrible. By far my worst trip there.

Started on rat island and the se wind just made it impossible
Moved to Kirby pocket and the wind was better but nothing but dinks
I caught a nice drum, that was the highlight lol

When they are on bed and you don't know where the beds are it's tough.

im off next week and may go if i can put my boat in without getting hurt worse. it will probably rain and storm all week. thats how my luck is when i take a week off.

the ones i keep out of ky lake taste just like that redfish filet i paid 25 bucks for in destin one time. you just got to filet them so no red meat is showing on the filet.
Really?
I catch several of them! Caught 4 last weekend from 2lb to probably 6-7lb.

Really?
I catch several of them! Caught 4 last weekend from 2lb to probably 6-7lb.
yeah they are not scavengers. they eat a ton of crawfish, small mussels, worms and small fish. ky lake has a lot cleaner water than years ago and you dont want to eat one from dirty water. you want to put them on ice as soon as you catch them because they spoil really quick if they die in a livewell.

the only bones a filet has are a couple of pin bones like a bluegill. either eat them or v notch them out. and like i said filet all the red meat out and the filets wont be thick like you think they would be.

fyi, if they are on the root feeding, drag jigs and more than likely you tear into a smallmouth too. they follow drum schools around and pick off any crawfish or worms that they miss.

yeah they are not scavengers. they eat a ton of crawfish, small mussels, worms and small fish. ky lake has a lot cleaner water than years ago and you dont want to eat one from dirty water. you want to put them on ice as soon as you catch them because they spoil really quick if they die in a livewell.

the only bones a filet has are a couple of pin bones like a bluegill. either eat them or v notch them out. and like i said filet all the red meat out and the filets wont be thick like you think they would be.

fyi, if they are on the root feeding, drag jigs and more than likely you tear into a smallmouth too. they follow drum schools around and pick off any crawfish or worms that they miss.
Thanks!
I may have to try one sometime!
Been catching them while catfishing and when I start pulling cranks I usually catch a few as well.

Great info. I may have to give one a try myself.

yeah they are not scavengers. they eat a ton of crawfish, small mussels, worms and small fish. . . . . . .

I would think they COULD be better than catfish.

Also amazing how different cultures value different fish species.
In parts of Europe, fishing for carp is much akin to fishing for trout in the U.S.
Also seems many Asian people would prefer carp for the table than catfish.

the ones i keep out of ky lake taste just like that redfish filet i paid 25 bucks for in destin one time. you just got to filet them so no red meat is showing on the filet.
Isn't a redfish a species of drum or am I wrong? I could see freshwater drum being pretty good but I've never fooled with one. That'll change next time I hook into one

Latest posts

Back