remington model 700 muzzleloader

Locksley

big 8's in Weakley county said:
wtf does this have to do with my muzzleloader
Well they are both new fancy inline M/L rifles . What else can I say he sure got a nice deer with his new fancy inline M/L rifles where is your pictures this year .???
If I had one of those new fangled rifles I would get me a good Leupold scope for it at least a 3x9 and then that big buck at AEDC would be in trouble .

Locksley

Cool my brother has a knight.
I just thought all these guys were Remington Green or Savage followers on here. Good luck this year wish I had a big one like Groundhog got .

yep me2 good luck also.
You wont get me away from my knight i love it i got this with it last year
Anitascamera400.jpg

Locksley

tracker

I `ve got a remington 700 black powde rrifle shooting a 295gr power belt. If I shoot anything over 100gr tripple7 powder the the group is all over the place. that limits me to around 100yds

I would like to shoot at least 150yds Should I go with a heavier bullet or differant bullet. I know that every gun shoots differantly,But it can get expencive buying differant bullets and loads.So any advice would help. THANKS

Don't forget to pay your taxes......12 million illegal aliens are depending on you!

BizzleBigBuckBungalow
Site Admin
I've always had the same problem with powder loads over 100 gr. Might try a lighter bullet to see what you get. This is a grouping I got last year with my .45 Caliber Knight. I took a doe at 157 yards with the same set-up.

Sniper
Site Admin
Most .50 caliber B/P rifles that I've known of will always shoot much better with 100 grains rather than 150. With the large powder charge a lot of the powder doesn't burn completely in the barrel and just blows out with the bullet. If you're gonna use it for whitetail go with the 240 gr. power tip it should shoot flatter and I've had good results with it myself.

tracker
New DSH Member

Thanks snipper I`ll give it a try, Ive gotta friend that has a knigt shoots a 305gr bullet (redhots) and 150gr powerdex pellts and gets good grups at 200yds. Iwas hopeing to extend mine out to 150yds

http://www.downsouthhuntingforums.com/v ... php?t=8822

Latest posts