• Help Support TNDeer:

Rock Island SP

alaska_av8r

Going there Wednesday camping and just curious if there is any descent trout fishing nearby, stream fishing not lake, either stocked or native. Any help appreciated.

Tim

Rainbows and brookies were recently stocked in a creek in Fall Creek Falls SP. Calfkiller river has some trout. As far as native, I don't know of any until you get to the Smokies.

I've fished the Calfkiller my whole life and have never caught a trout. They did just dump a bunch of trout in Fall Creek Falls before these big rains. That's where I would go if I were you. Smallmouth, red eye, or musky, fish the Calfkiller or Collins nearby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much guys for the info. Looks like I will try to decipher the regs and dig out my rod. Do you guys fish with a fly rod and flies, or spinners on casting rod?

Fishing isn't the main purpose of our trip but I think I'll make time if possible, I just didn't want to be next to good trout fishing and miss out.

Check out the rocky river. they stock it with trout in the spring and I used to catch tons there years ago

Back