• Help Support TNDeer:

Rust

TRIGGER

What do you guys do to keep rust out of your boxes? I am anal about letting baits dry before putting them back in the box and getting rid of anything that has started to rust. It makes me very ill to have to put new hooks on or throw away new or perfectly good baits. My boat is under roof but not climate controlled so I get a lot of moisture. Looking for some ideas.

Put stuff in the new waterproof plano boxes.And stuff in the older boxes i open them up when i get home and put a fan on them if they get any moisture inside.I also have some of them bags that wick moisture in my compartments in my boat.The bags come in metal coils we have at work so they are easy to get.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

WTM":36pn52qf said:
talcum powder.

Uh, I'm not really crazy but you do know that talc has been associated with causing cancer, mostly ovarian and lung as it contains asbestos. Other cancers have been theoretically associated with it but that stuff is dangerous when inhaled. Sorry to get off on a tangent.

7mm08":3el44vdj said:
WTM":3el44vdj said:
talcum powder.

Uh, I'm not really crazy but you do know that talc has been associated with causing cancer, mostly ovarian and lung as it contains asbestos. Other cancers have been theoretically associated with it but that stuff is dangerous when inhaled. Sorry to get off on a tangent.

yeah, maybe in a court room but less proven in the lab. ive used the stuff since i was a teenager for wet suits and dry suits and havent had any problems, though i quit diving 10 years ago.

works good on anything metal and keeps rubber from sticking. spray silicone might work for some applications to metal but i wouldnt go hog wild and spray crank bait bodies. it might cause them to run higher.

WTM":1d7fcsax said:
7mm08":1d7fcsax said:
WTM":1d7fcsax said:
talcum powder.

yeah, maybe in a court room but less proven in the lab. ive used the stuff since i was a teenager for wet suits and dry suits and havent had any problems, though i quit diving 10 years ago.

works good on anything metal and keeps rubber from sticking. spray silicone might work for some applications to metal but i wouldnt go hog wild and spray crank bait bodies. it might cause them to run higher.

Not really. Talc was routinely used in OR's for years to cause adhesions in lungs for patients with recurring fluid from malignant lung cancer...... it has now been banned for use in patients. When using it we used methods to avoid breathing it and of course we already had mask on. Up to you.

Latest posts

Back