• Help Support TNDeer:

Saddle question

Iglow

Can you just attach your tether at ground level then use it to climb and do away with the climbing belt altogether? It seems it would be simpler and safer? Just shorten up the bridge and keep the tether at eye level?

you can do anything you want. Not sure how you'd be safer. When you move you tether up your going to balance on a stick, loosen your tether and slide it up the tree? Make sure you tie some paracord on the tether so your finger aren't ever between the tether and the tree

you can do anything you want. Not sure how you'd be safer. When you move you tether up your going to balance on a stick, loosen your tether and slide it up the tree? Make sure you tie some paracord on the tether so your finger aren't ever between the tether and the tree
Yea, I didn't think of the balancing while moving the tether up, I was thinking about how i usta do it standing on a climber.
While were at it do you ever cross your linemans on the tree so it makes an "X" between you and the tree? I saw something about that somewhere that said it makes it grab faster if you fall?

Yea, I didn't think of the balancing while moving the tether up, I was thinking about how i usta do it standing on a climber.
While were at it do you ever cross your linemans on the tree so it makes an "X" between you and the tree? I saw something about that somewhere that said it makes it grab faster if you f
The Iinemans belt, imho, is the safest, but you have to remain diligent to making sure it is oriented correctly. For me the toughest part is always maintaining my angles on the linemans while placing a step, or my platform. I use mine for both Lock on and Saddle hunting. It just takes a lil practice.

The Real fun begins when having to run a second linemans to get around a limb...

While were at it do you ever cross your linemans on the tree so it makes an "X" between you and the tree? I saw something about that somewhere that said it makes it grab faster if you fall?
not an x but the guys were tying in a rope between them and the tree to catch faster. Basically a prusik knot on both ends you could slide to the tree while working then loosen it climb and tighten it back down.

Latest posts

Back