• Help Support TNDeer:

Saltwater fishing trips

BamaProud

I don't get to fish near as much as I used to living on the coast, but I have 2 trips planned over the next couple weeks, one offshore for Snapper/Triggerfish and hopefully Grouper and one inshore for Speckled trout flounder and hopefully Trippletail(Blackfish). I'm stoked, growing up I used to fish several times a week from May through August, I'm lucky if I get to go once a year now.

My son came in last weekend and brought me his saltwater bag since he is moving to OH. He had already given me enough for one bag of gear a few years ago. He lived in FL for about 4 years and all he wanted to do was hit the salt water in his free time.
I now have enough lures and plastics etc to never need any and I do need be hitting the salt water more myself now. The wife suggested about every quarter(she likes the beach thing). We had been going about once per year or twice sometimes. I like going to Gulf Shores and fishing the pier.

I grilled my first Spanish mackerel yesterday from our earlier trip and was blown away by how good it was.I had read and heard different opinions about it.

I could get use to fishing the salt everyday.

We will be in Mobile, fishing off Gulf Shores/Dauphin Island for Snapper and probably the West coast of the Bay, Bayou La Batre Dauphin Island for Inshore fish.

Have a great trip! Just got back a week ago. Good luck on the snapper they are fine eating fish. Bring them up quick as sharks got a couple of ours if we didn't horse them in. We are heading back down end of the month can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First trip was disappointing. My Step brother and I took 2 kids 15 miles offshore and just as we reached our spot to start fishing we noticed the wind increasing quickly and determined it was too risky for a 19ft bay boat. It took us almost 1.5 hours to fight our way back 15 miles to the launch in 4-5ft swells.

Sorry to hear that. The wind gods are often cruel when I want to head offshore. Better safe then sorry especially with kids. Hope you can get after them.
I'm heading back down next week hopin to get on some swordfish on my buddies boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back