• Help Support TNDeer:

Sauger Time

orion43

Hey Guys, With deer season winding down, it's time to think about sauger fishing. There is/was a web site called 'sauger central'
that several of us used to share. It was started by a sauger fisherman that lived down near Pickwick. Haven't heard from him in a couple of years, sure hope he's still around. Anyway, there was a lot of good info that we shared on sauger fishing and results.

The forum is still active, check out sauger central and log-in or register. ( I had to re-register because I couldn't remember
my password.) It's very easy to register. Let's get it up and running.

I log in as orion143.

Sauger pete was the gentleman's name that started the sauger central forum. He lived at Stantonville, Tn and made sauger jigs under the lone wolf name. Some of you may remember him.

orion43":3ms62mcx said:
Sauger pete was the gentleman's name that started the sauger central forum. He lived at Stantonville, Tn and made sauger jigs under the lone wolf name. Some of you may remember him.
My farm is at stantonville I'll ask around, see if I can find out who he is.

listen ..........God is talking he said use jackstands......

thomasmckinney12":2quzrbch said:
orion43":2quzrbch said:
My farm is at stantonville I'll ask around, see if I can find out who he is.

listen ..........God is talking he said use jackstands......

He is still around. Not sure why he doesn't bother with the site anymore. I actually saw him heading into Wal-Mart last week.

Orion, I was one of the people who posted regularly on there. Wilcgarr was my username. I won't get to fish as much this year as in previous years thanks to this beautiful newborn baby girl laying in my lap, but I still try and keep up with who is catching what and where. Feel free to p.m. me anytime and I'll give you the best, most up to date report I can.

Yep, I remember your posts. will stay in touch.

Congratulations for the baby girl. She is more precious than a boatload of sauger.

Does anyone still catch a few at the mouth of the Duck? I used to get in line down there but haven't been in probably 10 years. My buddies over that way that still go have moved upstream it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MickThompson":1uodibn0 said:
Does anyone still catch a few at the mouth of the Duck? I used to get in line down there but haven't been in probably 10 years. My buddies over that way that still go have moved upstream it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep can catch them there sometimes in late spring and summer too. not but a 3 mile boat ride from the house, but i usually go down south to saltillo and clifton just to irritate my older brother lol.

WTM":10m0ypfz said:
yep gonna be after them in a month or so. had a good year last year but didnt catch very many females for some reason.

You weren't in the minority there. Females were awfully hard to come by last year for sure. The males stacked up in big numbers down your way in March though. We had some really good days fishing from above the island at Saltillo down to below the new bridge at Clifton.

bowhunterfanatic":6kcyetpr said:
WTM":6kcyetpr said:
yep gonna be after them in a month or so. had a good year last year but didnt catch very many females for some reason.

You weren't in the minority there. Females were awfully hard to come by last year for sure. The males stacked up in big numbers down your way in March though. We had some really good days fishing from above the island at Saltillo down to below the new bridge at Clifton.

i caught them in february down there and my guess is that the females were already spawning. hopefully there will be plenty of rains like last year, the more the merrier, and it should be good again. there were a lot of boats in that mile stretch of water but nothing like diamond island usually.

Latest posts

Back