• Help Support TNDeer:

Sauger Time

orion43

Hey Guys, Looking for remains of the old Sauger Central site. We had many helpful and interesting posts.
I'm hearing of reports of sauger activity and would like to hear from anyone with current interests.
I hope to get down in the Savannah area in the coming days and give them a try. Hope the cold weather did not
cause a shad kill.

My uncle has been catching them on the cumberland river the past couple weeks. not a lot but some of the sows have been big!

Fishing has been hit or miss the last few days. Still some fish being caught below the dam. Some fish had started showing up downriver as well but they just opened 5 gates at Pickwick so with the exception of a couple of spots you can forget fishing downriver right now. I plan on going to the dam for a couple of hours Friday morning. Orion, feel free to PM me anytime if you want some more specific info. I don't get to fish near as much as I used to but I still usually have a good idea of what's going on.

Fishing has been hit or miss the last few days. Still some fish being caught below the dam. Some fish had started showing up downriver as well but they just opened 5 gates at Pickwick so with the exception of a couple of spots you can forget fishing downriver right now. I plan on going to the dam for a couple of hours Friday morning. Orion, feel free to PM me anytime if you want some more specific info. I don't get to fish near as much as I used to but I still usually have a good idea of what's going on.
And with all the rain forecast for the next few days, it will probably be jacked for a couple of weeks after.

Latest posts

Back