• Help Support TNDeer:

Saw a good one Friday.

SilverFox

Ran into a crappie fisherman Friday on Chickamauga. He was working the same bank as we were, going the opposite direction. We spoke briefly and went on about our way as did he. A few minutes later I heard him crank up and he started pulling back up to us. I knew right away he must have caught a nice one... then he pulled this 9lb 7oz pig out the live well. Caught on 6lb test and a crappie jig. Fish looks smaller but this is a big man... almost as big as me I'd say. I weighed him on my XTools scale and snapped a pic for him.

SilverFox":2bk5b8tl said:
Ran into a crappie fisherman Friday on Chickamauga. He was working the same bank as we were, going the opposite direction. We spoke briefly and went on about our way as did he. A few minutes later I heard him crank up and he started pulling back up to us. I knew right away he must have caught a nice one... then he pulled this 9lb 7oz pig out the live well. Caught on 6lb test and a crappie jig. Fish looks smaller but this is a big man... almost as big as me I'd say. I weighed him on my XTools scale and snapped a pic for him.

Makes you think about all the fish you fish over. We had just fished the stretch he caught him on minutes before.

My partner set the hook about an hour later flipping some wood... it was a stud... about a 10 pound drum.

A few minutes later I set the hook on a monster. A 15 pound blue cat. He ate a jig.

That's how our day went. Trash fish and a 3 pound largemouth were our biggest.

Grandslam11":n8v9ihzt said:
Awesome. I wish I could figure out how to catch crappie. That's one fish I love to eat but never have been able to catch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hear ya!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

SilverFox":md51tjxw said:
Makes you think about all the fish you fish over. We had just fished the stretch he caught him on minutes before.

My partner set the hook about an hour later flipping some wood... it was a stud... about a 10 pound drum.

A few minutes later I set the hook on a monster. A 15 pound blue cat. He ate a jig.

That's how our day went. Trash fish and a 3 pound largemouth were our biggest.

Bet it was still fun tho, right? :)

Latest posts

Back