• Help Support TNDeer:

school me on depthfinders

larry ipock

The one I have is a Lowrance L:MS 522. It works fine but is 22 years old. I think it's time to upgrade. So many to choose from and so many features. Not interested in forward looking sonar, just down imaging and good GPS. Maybe side imaging. Gonna get a bigger screen this time. Hummingbird, Garmin, Lowrance, are all in the running. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Budget is maybe $900.00.

The one I have is a Lowrance L:MS 522. It works fine but is 22 years old. I think it's time to upgrade. So many to choose from and so many features. Not interested in forward looking sonar, just down imaging and good GPS. Maybe side imaging. Gonna get a bigger screen this time. Hummingbird, Garmin, Lowrance, are all in the running. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Budget is maybe $900.00.
Bass pro has the Helix 9 SI mega G3N on sale right now at a good price

with the patent swaps a couple of years ago they are all pretty much on par with each other on current gear so it basically becomes a brand loyalty, pricing and customer service quality decision.

for 900 bucks you can still find the garmin echomap 93sv uhd (gt54) for that price and lowrance hds carbon 9's floating around as well. the last humminbird i installed was a helix 8 si+ g3n. for the money i think it was just the right size for a fishing boat and produced very good images. the included mapping sucked but the guy bought a lakemaster chip. these are all in one xducers si, di and 2d but there are other options for 80mph bass boats.

Where/how are you planning on mounting it the graph and the transducer?

You want to be careful and make sure you buy something that fits where you want to put it. I had a buddy who just bought a Lowrance with the triple-shot transducer, only to discover the size of that transducer is ridiculous and he can't mount it on his trolling motor head like he intended.

Back