• Help Support TNDeer:

scotts gulf?

Smallmouth and rock bass mainly as far as game fish go. There's a pretty good stretch that dries up between rains this time of year. Further down you can get into some muskies coming up out of great falls lake.

Anything from Clifty to the fork hole( Scott's gulf road) will be mostly dry right now. Between the fork hole and big bottom is the best place in my opinion. Limited access and plenty of fish. Lots of redeye and smallmouth and plenty of big ones also. Right now Is a good time to catch musky around the private dock and ambers den area.

when you say fork hole ,is that big spring? reading a book by howard baker about bridgestone . he notes a 100 acre lake called firestone lake. is that also called billy branch lake? just getting to know the place alittle. amazingly beautiful place!

The fork hole is the hole of water you run into if you drive all the way down Scott's gulf road. Yes the 100 acre lake is billy branch lake on billy branch road. It isn't part of Bridgestone anymore. It is Firestone property. About 15 years ago BS/FS sold the state 10,000 acres. But kept 5,000. Since, the BS/FS wilderness area has added a few thousand more acres. Any Firestone property is lease only membership and not public land anymore.

It would be very difficult to do. But if you can get with the 'in' crowd put in a good word for me lol. There are 2 separate Firestone leases, the one with the lake on it which are the water company boys and their friends/family. The other is the one that borders Bridgestone and it's mostly old Firestone employees and their friends/families. A lot of old bowater leases surrounding them both that would be easier to get on. Plus all the WMA area that's public.

our place backs up to bowater property, off poke patch/bowater road. mabey I will check into the bowater leases. I know how hard it is to get with the "in" crowd. thanks again for the info

Latest posts

Back