• Help Support TNDeer:

Should be sitting on the shore of Dale Hollow

catman529

Back in June, I paid for a couple nights at one of the campsites on the lake, for this weekend. I did so because it's the juvi weekend, I can't deer hunt, and I figured the carp would be feeding up for winter and I could find some walleye up shallow as well. Was hoping for a 30 pound mirror carp or maybe a fat walleye to grill over the campfire.

Problem is, later in the summer, I put in for and drew the Presidents Island doe hunt, so having gone on a weekend trip just a couple weeks ago, I decided to stay at work instead of blow more money during deer season. Well I blew a small amount, planted somewhat of a food plot behind the house so at least I did something productive other than going to work. I guess with this light rain we've been getting, I'm happier to stay inside, but I still miss the lake. One of my favorite places to go fish and camp out, even though I am 98% clueless on how to fish it.

What has been biting lately around mid TN? I might get out in the next few days to the creek for some rock bass to fry up. Haven't been fishing in a while, due to deer season, and my boat needs renewed registration. Got me wanting to wet a line sometime soon, although deer always are top priority right now.

CATCHDAWG":3de0qf1e said:
Are there smallies in the creek you speak of? I don't know about over there but here on the east side the smallies have been biting great for the past two weekends in the river.
oh yes plenty of them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Priest everything is starting to head shallow and into the creek mouths. They follow the shad back there. I've always wanted to fish Dale Hollow but never made the venture. It's truly a trophy lake for every species that swims in there, and every species of fish in TN can be found there.

It's about time for the Stripers to show up at my secret Fall/Winter spot. I'd like to go this coming weekend if I get time off work. I'll let you know if/when I go and you're welcome to join. Saturday is also opening day of rabbit and quail season so I really wanted to spend the entire day in a field where I've seen both rabbits and quail and walk every inch of it with a shotgun ready to fire. Tough decision....

If you're not deer hunting and want to chase those small game with me, an extra man in the field helps to flush them out.

MidTennFisher":2uwbk1ve said:
On Priest everything is starting to head shallow and into the creek mouths. They follow the shad back there. I've always wanted to fish Dale Hollow but never made the venture. It's truly a trophy lake for every species that swims in there, and every species of fish in TN can be found there.

It's about time for the Stripers to show up at my secret Fall/Winter spot. I'd like to go this coming weekend if I get time off work. I'll let you know if/when I go and you're welcome to join. Saturday is also opening day of rabbit and quail season so I really wanted to spend the entire day in a field where I've seen both rabbits and quail and walk every inch of it with a shotgun ready to fire. Tough decision....

If you're not deer hunting and want to chase those small game with me, an extra man in the field helps to flush them out.
thanks that actually sounds like some fun to chase the quail but currently am scheduled to work all weekend and am trying to get either sat or Sunday morning covered to deer hunt. Tough to pull myself away from deer season when the rut is starting to heat up. Let me know which you decide to do and how you fare, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back