• Help Support TNDeer:

Single hooks for Rapalas

The info I have shows a size 6 as the smallest that they make but my material is 4+yrs old and is specific to saltwater.

To me, the hook size is less important than the weight. The jerk baits are designed for a set of hooks that weigh a certain amount. Adding or reducing weight will change the action and/or depth of the bait. Compare this to the weight of your size 10 treble and try to match.

View attachment 68303
This setup wouldn't be legal for a stream with Single hook artificial...

Interesting. I'm not a regs expert by any means. But if what you say is true, I'd only replace the back hook and leave the hook underneath off
That's what would be required. Although, I have seen a different rig i'm a big fan of. The guy put a long shank hook on the front of a long 3 treble rapala. The hook came down to about 3/4 of the body. the then wrapped it with thread against the plug and lacquered into place. Was a very effective trick.

after taking a look at the trout regs it may be illegal to use plugs:

Use or possession of bait is prohibited. Use or possession of any artificial lures other than single hook artificial flies, spinners, and spoons is prohibited. The use of one dropper fly having a single hook which is separated from a legal lure by a length of line is permissible

after taking a look at the trout regs it may be illegal to use plugs:

Use or possession of bait is prohibited. Use or possession of any artificial lures other than single hook artificial flies, spinners, and spoons is prohibited. The use of one dropper fly having a single hook which is separated from a legal lure by a length of line is permissible
I've been checked in the park with a single hook rapala and had no problems.

But the Park is not regulated by the TWRA or other state agencies.

In North Carolina single hook streams you can use plugs as long as they have no scent to them

Latest posts

Back