• Help Support TNDeer:

Skool me on steps.

Iglow

I'm getting more comfortable with the saddle deal, hunted 2.5 hrs outta it yesterday on a 4 pcs stack stick.
What are all the options for going up a tree?
I've got some helium sticks but it seems like too many steps to put them up/down and they are heavy.
I've got bolts and drill for private and I've got the stack type steps that have been around forever.
Are there other options I don't know about?
What are the lightest/ simplest steps?

I have been through four sets of steps and have settled in on the Latitude steps. I use four with all four having single aiders. Platform height at about 18 to 20'. They nest well together, light, and the Amsteel attachment system is quick and easy. They are relatively inexpensive as well. YouTube is your friend for all things saddle hunting.

Wildedge steps with knaider swaider are super lightweight and packable but have a learning curve. Lone wolf hand climber is awesome for straight limbless trees. Lots of good sticks available.

Steps are really a personal preference

Beast Sticks my fav
Lattitude Carbon next
Couldn't agree more. I'm usually the paralysis by analysis guy and then once I pull the trigger on something, I end up getting comfortable with that won't want to change. I use api huntin sticks with a one step amsteel aider (cam buckles). Some of the more expensive options look cool but I figured I'd just stay with what I have been using.

Latest posts

Back