• Help Support TNDeer:

Small rifle primers

Prices usually. Pretty high compared to other online sources most times with most items, at least ime.
I've heard this, but have yet to see it. When I first started buying online I would put items in my cart amd do the same with other companies. They were all within a few bucks. The biggest savings is in powder, but these days everyone is high. I did just get some powder from midwayusa last month under $50/pound. LGS has it as $65/pound

I see it all the time.

Here is Powder Valley.
Screenshot_20240707-074958.png

Here is Midway.

Screenshot_20240707-075046.png

I remember when Midway went on a trip over the moon with their shipping charges several years ago and I dropped them because of it. They finally corrected course and after several years I began doing business with them again. Then last week I found something that I wanted and the shipping was almost as the item. Got the same item off Amazon with free shipping. AND, just last year I ordered a sampling of premium 22 ammo from them. When the box arrived I could hear loose rounds rattling around in the box. The shoebox sized shipping box had one piece of brown packing paper for 3 single 50 round boxes of $25 each 22 ammo and 2 boxes had opened, spilling rounds. I called CS and they sent me 2 replacement boxes. So, Midway has proven to be hit and miss on a few aspects of being a good online source in my experience and I use them as little as possible. As to primers....... I could probably stock some of their shelves with my stash ;)

I used to buy a lot from midway until a few years ago when their prices rose to the point that our local store would pull the midway price up to justify their high prices, lol. I remember when they had the 6.5 140 eldm for $51.99 per 100 and a limit of 1. Their prices have gone back down but I've not placed an order there in quite some time.

Blue Collar Reloading gets most of my business and I've recently started using Duck Creek Sporting Goods and Raven Rock Precision. Once in a blue moon Midsouth will have something that interests me.

I used to buy a lot from midway until a few years ago when their prices rose to the point that our local store would pull the midway price up to justify their high prices, lol. I remember when they had the 6.5 140 eldm for $51.99 per 100 and a limit of 1. Their prices have gone back down but I've not placed an order there in quite some time.

Blue Collar Reloading gets most of my business and I've recently started using Duck Creek Sporting Goods and Raven Rock Precision. Once in a blue moon Midsouth will have something that interests me.
I like blue collar as well. If I'm just after bullets that's usually where I go

Prices usually. Pretty high compared to other online sources most times with most items, at least ime.
Prices always. Powder primers brass bullets shipping optics ammo cases magazines

I still use them when I have zero alternatives and sometimes I just plain go without.

I thought the walk-in store closed a few years back?

Grafs seems to be holding the line on price increases, to some degree. Midsouth is not in that category. Powder Valley is not in that category

Grafs seems to be holding the line on price increases, to some degree. Midsouth is not in that category. Powder Valley is not in that category
The 2 things that I really like about Midsouth is they ship FAST and their packaging is very well done to suit the item that's being shipped, not just some random paper/bubble wrap stuffed in the box. That's worth more to me than saving a little at Midway and then enduring the possibility of damaged goods due to their subpar packaging. They're also closer to me than any of the other big vendors so that gets my stuff to me sooner as well.

Latest posts

Back