• Help Support TNDeer:

Something about the MLF format

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have always kinda thought it would suck to sit in a boat and watch someone fish, being an official in an MLF format.
Sitting here watching it this morning and it dawned on me it would actually be very cool to do this.
Can you imagine how much you could learn and how many tricks you could pick up by spending 2 or 3 days in the boat with a professional fisherman?
Wouldn't work for the ones that already know everything but for someone like me it would be better than going to a fishing college. LOL

Just a random thought I had this morning. :D

I might have to check into that.
I would love to see all the "little" things they do that is never shown on camera.

In the past I have worked for BASS and FLW running a camera boat on Chickamauga. I got lucky and got to see some incredible fishing; Casey Martin blowing up 100+lbs, Jacob Wheeler winning the first BASSfest, Andy Morgan Clinching AOY. I've seen competitors almost come to blows and seen others work together and share water. If you have the chance to do it, go for it. But be warned, 4 straight days on the water dealing with the weather and water conditions can make a man out of you real quick. I have a lot of respect for those guys. I did see where FLW was seeking boat marshals for the event coming up on lake Cherokee and I am sure there will be some opportunities on Chickamauga. You contact for FLW will be Bill Taylor, super guy.

It would be pretty fun if you were in the boat with someone like Kelly Jordan whacking 80+ pounds in a day last week. On the other hand, you could get stuck with somebody who only caught 1 or 2 fish. If they were in a bad mood, I'd imagine it could be pretty uncomfortable.

I went down to Goodfield bridge this morning to fish off the bank and forgot about the MLF guys being on The Chick this week. There were a few of them up in Goodfield fishing but I don't know who any of them are, other than Timmy Horton. I did notice that they all had 3 people in each boat...I guess a camera guy, MLF official, and the angler.

I didn't catch a single fish and didn't see those guys catch one either while I was there. I was half expecting to stand on the bank and watch them haul in a 10 pounder right in front of me.

Crow Terminator":bhlzye1v said:
I went down to Goodfield bridge this morning to fish off the bank and forgot about the MLF guys being on The Chick this week. There were a few of them up in Goodfield fishing but I don't know who any of them are, other than Timmy Horton. I did notice that they all had 3 people in each boat...I guess a camera guy, MLF official, and the angler.

I didn't catch a single fish and didn't see those guys catch one either while I was there. I was half expecting to stand on the bank and watch them haul in a 10 pounder right in front of me.
How cool would it have been if YOU would have hauled in a 10-pounder in front of THEM!?!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I used most all my hotspot data watching them fish live this morning.

Looked like the majority of them that were catching fish, were catching them off lay downs on soft plastics. Might have been my problem yesterday...I was still throwing the lipless crankbait along rip rap and open water.

Latest posts

Back