• Help Support TNDeer:

Spook Span on Huntr podcast

Spook is fun to troll on social media. Or at least was a couple years ago. He couldn't help but to respond to comments. He would post pics of him and his wife dressed up extravagantly just begging for comments. Or them hardly dressed at all. It was pretty funny stuff. He'd get grilled in comments but still keep posting and replying. Dude is something else. No way i'm giving that tool 3 hours of my time.

That's absolutely true. Nowhere in the wild do bucks often get racks that big that are also clean.
These guys play a different game than the rest of us - he said right now he knows of 7 deer over 200"; and if I remember correctly he said he thinks he'll be able to go after 3-4 of them. His success rate is 1 out of 3 or 4; and he's gotten as many as 3 bucks in one year over 200". I don't doubt that success rate; growing up on a farm in NE it's not tough to pattern deer when they're coming out into open fields to eat every morning/evening. He made it pretty clear that one of his selling points is having the land owner involved; so of course they're going to feed him all the info they can. Back then, I only rifle hunted. Granted, bow hunting would make it exponentially more difficult; but as long as there is a creek, fencerow, draw, woods, etc. I guarantee I could get within bow range as long as the wind was in my favor.

These guys play a different game than the rest of us - he said right now he knows of 7 deer over 200"; and if I remember correctly he said he thinks he'll be able to go after 3-4 of them. His success rate is 1 out of 3 or 4; and he's gotten as many as 3 bucks in one year over 200". I don't doubt that success rate; growing up on a farm in NE it's not tough to pattern deer when they're coming out into open fields to eat every morning/evening. He made it pretty clear that one of his selling points is having the land owner involved; so of course they're going to feed him all the info they can. Back then, I only rifle hunted. Granted, bow hunting would make it exponentially more difficult; but as long as there is a creek, fencerow, draw, woods, etc. I guarantee I could get within bow range as long as the wind was in my favor.

I won't argue the he doesn't play a different game than me. There's a whole lot about him that's different than me, and I'm good with that.

I grew up in the epicenter of a big buck area of a big buck state. I've only ever seen a small handful of potential 200" live wild deer in 40yrs. It's a little suspect to me when someone claims they have several 200" on radar. I suppose I'd give him the benefit of doubt by supposing it was social media that tipped him off to the deer. Otherwise I've seen guys like that come and go through the years and just about every one had poaching controversies. I don't know the man or really anything about him. I'm only speaking general terms from my own experience.

When you mention 200" you're getting into world record territory, and when you actually kill one there is a lot of scrutiny. How many record contenders have we seen and how many of those were legitimate? Now this guy claims he knows about several right now and can hunt them? I say go do it, suffer the scrutiny, and if it turns out they're all legit legal fair chase then I'll tip my hat. Until then I call BS.

Anyone remember Noel Feather?

So many these "celebrity hunter" stories remind me of ole Noel Feather.
Once seemed like the real deal & a really nice guy.
He favorably impressed me personally when I met him.
He was in fact a really good bowhunter, and a very likeable guy.
But he was in fact very dishonest at the end of the day, and his career.

Truth is, many of them are indeed really good hunters, while some are just really good poachers, some are just a bit of both who see themselves far above the game laws the rest of us are expected to follow.

Here's a few of the past 30 years' "controversies" . . . . . .

Many of the stories mentioned above serve as a reminder that people are a lways watching and waiting for us to mess up. They remind us to do right, no matter what. That is the true test of character – doing right, even when we think no one is watching.

Do right – shoot straight – enjoy the hunt.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back