• Help Support TNDeer:

Squirrels Cutting Already

Nice vest, but I wouldn't wear it for squirrel hunting…they seem like they can see bright colors to me…
One way to find out, I'm going to be sneaky sneaky and sniping them outta the trees but will see come opening day how I manage and I'll be posting for sure! Main thing is I will be hunting squirrels in deer season and need to stay legal and alive.

Picked me up a Marlin 795 from Tenntrapper today for squirrels and I'm going to scout some public land in a few places tomorrow morning for hickory/ beech and listen for them. Will I need gaiters is there a great fear of snakes in the woods or will jeans and boots be fine? I am pumped for season to start!

Last edited:
Picked me up a Marlin 795 from Tenntrapper today for squirrels and I'm going to scout some public land in a few places tomorrow morning for hickory/ beech and listen for them. Will I need gaiters is there a great fear of snakes in the woods or will jeans and boots be fine? I am pumped for season to start!
I don't use snake boots or gaiters…that's me…I'm not too concerned about snakes, I worry more about yellow jackets or hornets…when squirrel hunting I move slowly enough to watch where I put my feet or hands…and I carry a hiking stick which comes in handy for spider webs, briars, and rifle steady rest…my fav squirrel rifle, laying on my hiking stick…

Attachments

• IMG_7795.webp
    IMG_7795.webp
    654.4 KB · Views: 1

Latest posts

Back